The Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense has – perhaps controversially – been named the best gig movie ever by Classic Rock's sister magazine, Total Film.
Total Film says Stop Making Sense is its No.1 choice because:
'The rock gig is deconstructed as Jonathan Demme captures the innovative staging of a Talking Heads gig, from solo performance to full band to David Byrne dancing in an oversized suit.
'Best song is the the opener, Psycho Killer – just Byrne, an acoustic guitar and a drum machine whose staccato rhythms cause the singer to stagger around like a murder victim.'
The Band's The Last Waltz came in at No.3 in Total Film's chart, followed by Gimme Shelter and Woodstock.
The Top 20 is as follows:
1. Stop Making Sense (1984)
2. The Last Waltz (1978)
3. Gimme Shelter (1970)
4. Woodstock (1970)
5. Awesome; I Fucking Shot That! (2006, feat. Beastie Boys)
6. Don't Look Back (1967, feat. Bob Dylan)
7. Meeting People Is Easy (1998, feat. Radiohead)
8. Monterey Pop (1968)
9. Buena Vista Social Club (1999, feat. Wim Wenders, Ry Cooder and veteran Cuban musicians)
10. Jazz On A Summer's Day (1960)
11. This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
12. Elvis: That's The Way It Is (1970)
13. The Kids Are Alright (1979, feat. The Who)
14. T.A.M.I. Show (1964)
15. Dave Chappelle's Block Party (2006)
16. Let It Be (1970)
17. Standing In The Shadows Of Motown (2002)
18. The Song Remains The Same (1976)
19. Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (1973)
20. Soul Power (2008)
Surprisingly, Wrathchild – Live From London isn't mentioned anywhere at all in the poll.