Friday, June 26, 2009

Digital Art

 



To be perfectly honest, I've always wanted to be an artist; However, I faced the dilemma early on that I could not draw, sculpt, paint or even take a photograph to save my life. One thing I could do, however, is 3d modeling.

I'm deeply concerned that society as a whole views computer art as shallow, or simply 'not art at all.' There's a collective notion that the computer does all the art, and the artist simply boots up the computer and lets it work for them. Of course, we all know this to be false. As far as technique, expression and form, the digital artist is every bit as adapt as Dali or Kahlo in his/her own right. I see digital art, respectively, as equal as any medium...and only a select few can truly make it shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts