Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Emotion of Architecture – Photography by Behrouz Riahi

The Emotion of Architecture – Photography by Behrouz Riahi:
The talent of Behrouz Riahi – better known by his alias “Zardo” – is instantly recognized. His use of distorted perspectives and vertical compositions instantly draw your attention to his hauntingly beautiful work that is rarely seen in architectural photography. When combined with his incredible tonal range and suspenseful color palatte, he is able to create the perfect atmosphere that is reminiscent of a Tim Burton film. Behrouz is one of my most favorite photographers, and I am honored to share his work with the Photography Blogger community.
Architecture
When asked to describe his work, Behrouz said the following:
“Behind Zardo, my real name is Behrouz Riahi. I’m born in 1985. I am Belgian and I live in Bruxelles. I am a Psychologist. I really began photography when I was 19 years old and have pursued it actively for 7 years. Before taking pictures I liked writing some dark poetry. The problem was that illustrating my thoughts only with words soon became too restricted. I wanted to show how I saw the world. It is why I began with photomanipulation before photography. But the problem with photomanipulation is the fact that it is not real. With photos and the technique I use, I found the way to show the world as I see it.
Architecture
I am a self-taught person as far as photography is concerned. When I see a really good photo I wonder how it was made and how I could make it myself. To take my photos, I like going to the old part of cities and to places with stunning landscapes where there is nobody. Everywhere I go, I take my camera with me. Firstly, for me, the ideal place is deserted. I hate having people on my photos. It is one of the most difficult parts of the job. Secondly, it has to contain some old buildings with a Gothic architectural style. And finally, there should be a tormented sky where clouds are tempestuous. Maybe one day, I will find the perfect conditions. But does perfection really exist?
Architecture
I have been influenced by a lot of artists in various ways. The movies by Tim Burton and the beauty of his images is one of them. I am also influenced by the great imagination of two Belgian painters: Magritte and Delvaux. The surrealistic look of their paintings always makes me dream.
As a conclusion, I would like to say that photography is a way for me to leave a world and live in another. When I take my photographs, time stops. There is nobody with me. Photography is a method for me to share with others what is inside me. It is a pleasure to take them and then to share them.”
Architecture
Architecture

Architecture

Architecture

Architecture

Architecture

Architecture
You can view more of Behrouz’s work on his portfolio site, and follow him on Facebook. He is also one of the most well-known photographers on deviantART, with an enormous following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts