Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Roger Waters Says David Gilmour Is The Obstacle To Pink Floyd Reunion | KBS Radio

 

Roger Waters Says David Gilmour Is The Obstacle To Pink Floyd Reunion

By: Howie Edelson

Roger Waters says that the main obstacle to a Pink Floyd reunion is guitarist David Gilmour.

Waters spoke to Britain's The Word magazine and when pressed about the prospects of Floyd reuniting in the future, Waters candidly explained, "The answer is... not up to me. The answer is: I'd be very happy to do it but it's sort of up to Dave, I guess. But I don't think he wants to do it, so I don't think it'll happen. And that's absolutely fair enough. It's not going to change my life, but I did love (playing) Live 8. I thought it was really, really, special."

He went on to explain that although he was overwhelmed by the reunion, which took place after years of lawsuits and in-fighting between him and the band, the feeling was far from unanimous: "The feeling was... it was so... it was so intense... I'm quite sure that we didn't all feel that -- but most of us did."

Waters shed light on the status of his current relationship with Gilmour: "Well we never speak to each other. But we don't speak to each other in a very cordial way! I feel no enmity at all... Nick (Mason) and I have a more than cordial relationship. We met up on a beach in Mustique and we've become great friends again."

He went on to say that the troubled life and death of Syd Barrett has always been misrepresented in the press, especially following his death in 2005 at age 60: "I think it's a great shame that people swallowed the notion that he suddenly took a lot of acid and it destroyed him... There was something much more fundamental about Syd's schizophrenia than taking too much acid. I still feel regret that we weren't able to enjoy his company for all those years when he disappeared into the illness. But I think of him often."

Roger Waters recently performed a series of shows in which played Pink Floyd's 1973 album Dark Side Of the Moon in its entirety. He'll next perform on June 6th in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Roger Waters Says David Gilmour Is The Obstacle To Pink Floyd Reunion | KBS Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts