Thursday, May 29, 2008

www.kansascity.com | 05/27/2008 | Stargazing | Waters lightens up, Aniston and Mayer go public

 

Roger Waters, who is performing “Dark Side of the Moon” in concerts this summer, told the Dallas Morning News he got over his famous anger with the rest of Pink Floyd after reading studies of how the brain works.

“I discovered the ego will invent memories that suit it,” he said. “Like most rock ’n’ roll bands that split up, there were terrible arguments in Pink Floyd about who did what and when. And it’s a huge comfort now to know that nobody’s memory is reliable. It certainly explains a lot.”

Another mellowing factor is his fiancée, filmmaker Laurie Durning: “I’ve got a good woman now and that’s a big help,” he said. “I’ve been saved.”

One and done

Waters doubts that Pink Floyd will play together again. In 2005 the group played a short set on London’s Live 8 concert for global debt relief.

“It was quite extraordinary, and I would do it again in a heartbeat,” Waters said. “I know Nick (Mason) would, and I’m pretty sure Rick (Wright) would. But I think Dave (Gilmour) is largely disinterested in the idea. He’s content to be on an island, which is fine. I applaud anyone who follows his gut feeling.”

www.kansascity.com | 05/27/2008 | Stargazing | Waters lightens up, Aniston and Mayer go public

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts